These are just a small handful of agencies that we have found to be helpful to the largest population of people in our area. This is not a comprehensive list of providers by any means. It is meant to help families who are new to the special needs family in our area by providing initial direction.
- Brooks Avenue Church of Christ seeks to help individuals move into a deeper relationship with God.
- Alliance for Disability Advocates promotes dignity, independence and consumer control for people of all ages and abilities and advances civil rights of equal access and full participation in society.
- The Autism Society of NC provides support and promotes opportunities for individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Able To Serve is a faith-based non-profit that gets involved in the lives of individuals who have intellectual and physical disabilities and helps them get involved in our community.
- Arc Of the Triangle partners with people with intellectual and other disabilities… to help them achieve their life goals. Arc of the triangle serves Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh.
- Community Partnerships is dedicated to creating inclusive communities that embrace the inherit potential of every individual.
- Developmental Therapy Associates provides occupational and speech therapy as well as others.
- ECAC Parent Center will provide information to help your family navigate education, medical needs, early intervention, family engagement, upcoming events and so much more.
- First in Families of NC helps people with disabilities and their families to believe in their dreams, achieve their goals and give back to others.
- Frankie Lemmon Foundation provides education for children with developmental disabilities.
- Goodwill Community Foundation Family Support Services seeks to support, educate and provide connections for families with individuals who have special needs and those born prematurely or needing special care.
- Local Inter-Agency Coordinating Council (LICC) is a very useful resource for parents, professionals or anyone interested in networking with others in our local special needs community.
- NC Assistive Technology is the go-to place for any assistive or augmentative devices.
- The North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities is a council appointed by the Governor with members including individuals with I/DD or family members, state legislators, agency officials and representatives of LME/MCO’s who oversee both the provisions of the DD Act and to assure the Council is a member-driven, effective, efficient organization.
- Project Enlightenment provides developmental screenings, parenting classes, workshops, resource library, transitions programs, free counseling and more…
- Tammy Lynn Center offers educational, residential and family support services to children and adults with special needs.
- Triangle Down Syndrome Network provides advocacy and support for the family of an individual with Down Syndrome
The Inclusive Church is our go-to resource for all things related to starting a Special Needs Ministry at your church.
The Hali Project located in Amarillo, TX, provides free weekend retreats for parents & caregivers of children with special needs.
Reviews.com Tutoring Guide is specifically designed to help students living with disabilities who may have a harder time in a larger classroom setting. This comprehensive guide covers the benefits of tutoring and resources that are available.
The descriptions of services offered by organizations listed above is only intended as a summary, based on information received from the organizations themselves. It is in no way an endorsement by Brooks Avenue Church Of Christ, nor is the church responsible for the services offered by these organizations.